Outsmart Scammers Challenge
AARP's Outsmart Scammers 8-Day Challenge
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: AARP's Outsmart Scammers 8-Day Challenge (the "Sweepstakes") is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States (including District of Columbia) who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry. Employees of AARP, HelloWorld, Inc., and their parent and affiliate companies, suppliers as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Participation constitutes entrant's full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor's and Administrator's decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. Sponsor: AARP, 601 E. Street NW, Washington, DC 20049. Administrator: HelloWorld, Inc., 3000 Town Center, Suite 2100, Southfield, MI 48075.
3. Timing: The Sweepstakes begins on November 14, 2019 at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time ("ET") and ends on December 31, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. ET (the "Promotion Period"). Administrator's computer is the official time-keeping device for this Promotion.
4. How to Enter: During the Promotion Period, visit https://challenges.aarp.org/enteroutsmartscammers2019 and follow the links and instructions to complete the registration form, including a valid email address. There will be one (1) daily challenge that unlocks each day for eight (8) consecutive days starting the day you register for the Sweepstakes. However, if you register within the last seven (7) days of the Promotion Period, all eight (8) challenges will be unlocked. Seven (7) of the eight (8) challenges will be available to earn Sweepstakes entries, as outlined below:
Challenge 1: Follow the instructions to opt in to receive Fraud Watch Alerts. This challenge will not award any sweepstakes entries.
Challenge 2: Follow the links and instructions to answer seven (7) Fraud Risk Assessment quiz questions. By answering the quiz questions, you will receive one (1) Sweepstakes entry per question answered, regardless of how you answered the question. Limit: Each entrant may receive up to seven (7) Sweepstakes entries during the Promotion Period via this challenge.
Challenge 3: Follow the links and instructions to answer three (3) polling questions. By answering the polling questions, you will receive one (1) Sweepstakes entry per polling question answered, regardless of how you answered the question. Limit: Each entrant may receive up to three (3) Sweepstakes entries during the Promotion Period via this challenge.
Challenge 4: Follow the links and instructions to view three (3) images. Each image will have anywhere from two (2) to four (4) fraudulent red flags. Click on each of the red flags in the image and then submit your guess to receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. Limit: Each entrant may receive up to three (3) Sweepstakes entries (one (1) per image) during the Promotion Period via this challenge.
Challenge 5: Follow the links and instructions to click on the Podcast button to receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes.Limit: Each entrant may receive one (1) Sweepstakes entry during the Promotion Period via this challenge.
Challenge 6: Follow the links and instructions to answer five (5) trivia questions. By answering the trivia questions, you will receive one (1) Sweepstakes entry per trivia question answered, regardless of how you answered the question. Limit: Each entrant may receive up to five (5) Sweepstakes entries during the Promotion Period via this challenge.
Challenge 7: Follow the links and instructions to listen to the provided audio clip and answer the provided trivia question. By answering the trivia question, you will receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes, regardless of how you answered the question. Limit: Each entrant may receive up to three (3) Sweepstakes entries (one (1) per trivia question) during the Promotion Period via this challenge.
Challenge 8: Follow the links and instructions to watch the provided video. By watching the video, you will receive one (1) Sweepstakes entry. Limit: Each entrant may receive one (1) Sweepstakes entry during the Promotion Period via this challenge.
Limit: Each entrant may receive up to twenty-three (23) Sweepstakes entries during the Promotion Period for completing the challenges outlined above. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entrant's entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute as to any registration, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the entrant. The "authorized account holder" is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. The potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
5. Grand Prize Drawings: Administrator is an independent judging organization whose decisions as to the administration and operation of the Sweepstakes and the selection of the potential winners are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Administrator will randomly select the potential Sweepstakes winners from all eligible entries received during the Promotion Period, on or around January 2, 2020. The potential winners will be notified by email or phone. Each potential Grand Prize winner will be required to provide his or her full contact and mailing information within five (5) days of notification or he/she forfeit the prize. If a potential winner of any prize cannot be contacted, fails to provide any requested information within the required time period (if applicable), or the prize is returned as undeliverable, the potential winner forfeits the prize. Receiving a prize is contingent upon compliance with these Official Rules. In the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the applicable Grand Prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. Only three (3) alternate drawings will be held, after which the prize will remain un-awarded. Prizes will be fulfilled within approximately 8-10 weeks after the conclusion of the Sweepstakes.
6. Prizes: TWO (2) GRAND PRIZES: A $500.00 Visa® Prepaid Card. Card is issued by The Bancorp Bank, Member FDIC, pursuant to a license from Visa U.S.A. Inc. Use your Visa Prepaid card anywhere Visa debit cards are accepted in the United States and U.S. Territories. The card may not be used at any merchant, including internet and mail or telephone order merchants, outside of the United States and U.S. Territories. Winners of this prize will receive an email from email@example.com that prompts them to select either a physical or virtual Visa Prepaid Card. Approximate Retail Value: $500.00. Prizes are non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor's sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. Winner is responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Promotion Period. Limit: one (1) prize per person.
7. Release: By receipt of any prize, each winner agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Administrator, and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company's officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the "Released Parties") from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
8. Publicity Except where prohibited, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes each winner's consent to Sponsor's and its agents' use of winner's name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
9. General Conditions:Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures, human error or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
10. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant's participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an entrant's entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant's sole remedy is another entry in the Sweepstakes, if it is possible. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
11. Disputes: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Michigan without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Michigan or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Michigan.
13. Winner List: For a winner list, visit http://bit.ly/32c0ual. The winner list will be posted after winner confirmation is complete.
© 2019 HelloWorld, Inc. All Rights Reserved.